Monday, February 9, 2009

Hypocrite

I like Green Day, I own Metallica's reload and I like it. I do not know if this follows the line of what these posts are supposed to be about and if not then I will simply have more than needed.
I am sick of how once a band has made it in the media world they are considered sell outs. Yes, the media is what the masses want but what happens if the masses want something that is good? Is it necessary that the "cool kids" have to hate it and consider it a sellout? Why is it that these supposedly tolerant people are so intolerant towards thing that are accepted by the masses? Yes, I understand that the these groups as the side groups in society, however they help form pop culture. How many stores are selling clothing that is inspired by punk lifestyle? But when a "true" punk sees the people shopping in the stores with the punk inspired clothes then that "true" punk thinks all the others to be wannabes!
I am so annoyed with the hypocrisy of the so called open mindedness of the side groups. These groups seem to be the most closed minded people in the population. I wonder is this the right way to fight the media and its obvious stupification?
I say we should all make our own decisions as to what we like and don't like. Do not hate a band because it suddenly has fans but actually listen to the music and decide for yourselves if you still like it.
Do not consider a band awesome because it is underground band, but actually listen there music and decide for yourself if they are good.
I do not like the sex pistols! Does this make me less of a punk? What is a Punk, Scene kid, Hopper? I listened to the Sex pistols and there was no talent in that band; it was angry screaming, and the ability to play 3 cords. So again I ask why I should like them.
I guess what I am trying to say is stop being such a hypocrite and make your own decisions, but also do not be a lemming, and make your own decisions!

3 comments:

  1. very well stated! i totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an identity thing. Rock (or other genre) Bands, clothing style help define those minorities. It is THEIR identity. When one of those, providing the the defining pieces "sells" out to the masses it takes away part of that minority's definition. It is understandable that those groups of society consider the "sell outs" as traitors.
    Maybe you was never really part of the punk movement?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lady.
    The way I see it, hypocrisy is more 2nd nature then breathing. Everyone is a hypocrite, whether you get mad at the person taking the last cookie from the cookie jar and then you turn around and take the cookie from the cookie jar. well, you get what I mean.

    But honestly, I agree that hypocrisy needs to just dissapear, but its not going anywhere anytime soon.

    and the sex pistols rock! haha.

    ReplyDelete