Sunday, May 17, 2009

Think about your life today and in the future. Do you think that that globalization will make you life in the future better or worse? Why?

I think that it is a double edged sword. Globalization does have a lot of benefits; however it can have some bad aspects. The saying “you win some, you lose some” Has never fit better. Every time I am able to access new things online I wonder how many stores just closed. When I go to Wal-Mart and buy my nice and cheap items I wonder how many mom and pop shops died because of they could not keep up with the competition.
But over all if I think about it in a selfish way globalization will benefit me. I am a person who likes to travel, so I will enjoy the fact that half the word speaks English to some degree. Also it is beneficial because that means my degree will be accepted in more countries so I can work where ever I want I am not limited to one country. The process of sending my application is easier. But that is now.
As a smoker I will most likely have some sort of lung problem in my life and most likely this will be cancer. If more countries work together and more money poured into one project, then maybe there will be better cancer treatment in the future.
More and more countries are connected to the internet so I will be able to learn about more cultures if I want to.
Also back to my traveling if more countries work together then we can find an oil alternative and then flying will become cheaper, this means I can travel the world for a lot less money than now.
I believe that once the entire world is connected efficiently we will have better medication, cheaper travel. Their also be less extremists, since there will be no “one country” to fight for. We will have to work together since we will all depend on each other. This will be benefice for me since my husband is in the military, meaning he will have to go to fewer wars to participate in. But not only will globalization prevent us from going to war, on our way to getting their mechanics (robots) that are created, through combined powers, will mean less dead soldiers.
So all in all I believe globalization is good thing, which will make my future a better place. However I may be wrong only the future will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment